Av. Salvador Allende, 1451 – Bairro Central
Founded in 1988, the School for the Deaf is part of the government’s efforts to provide deaf or hearing disabled children with an education. The school serves over 100 students enrolled in Kindergarten to grade 7. After that, the students enter the conventional education system.
Our partnership includes interaction activities with students such as dancing, cooking, traditional games, sports, learning sign language and all sorts of arts and crafts. Our goal is to build two sanitary units for students as well as paint and set up an arts room.